|Home » News »||Wednesday, March 12 2014|
Every day fresh news
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
OWTU: Petrotrin failed on oil spills
Friday, January 10 2014
STATE-OIL company Petrotrin received two reports in 2009 and 2010 on the necessary steps to take to prevent oil spills, president general of the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (OWTU), Ancel Roget said yesterday.
During a press conference at Paramount Building, San Fernando, Roget produced two documents, one of which he said contained information that oil lines were last inspected in 1996. He said recommendations were made to have the lines replaced but, to date, nothing has been done. “They recommended it be done on a phased-out basis, meaning that the worst part of the lines be tackled first as a matter of priority. Having had this report in their hand in 2010, what do you do with this report?” said Roget. He showed the documents, “Tank Integrity Assessment For Petrotrin Refinery, Tank Prioritiser Study” by Sicco Jager (2009) and an Inspection Report by Petrotrin dated 2010. He called for the reinstatement of the Petrotrin employees who were suspended over the first oil spill on December 17 near the company’s Pointe-a-Pierre port. Petrotrin last evening said there were inaccuracies in the reports, but disclosed work had begun on a pipeline since last year.
Pictures & Galleries
The Ch@t Room
Click here to tell us right now!
|Copyright © Daily News Limited | About us | Privacy | Contact|
IPS Software by Agile Telecom Ltd
Creation time: 0.667 sek.